BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pre-patinated plastic glass block w/ coin slots <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 07:26:53 -0400
Leland Torrence wrote:

>Cheese, I have to say, I kind of liked the undigested format and not
>having to log in and yeah, it is the busiest season.  Well....
>Best to all,
>Leland

Leland,

I hear you... but there are plus & minus to everything.
BP is high maintenance for some folks.

Anything worth doing is never easy.

<>The steady stream of messages puts a good number of otherwise
connectable and worthy people off. People that I know we all would like
to have contact with are simply not going to come to BP. In turn, I
think that BP will take on a much different flavor with a more solid
core... and I am considering slowly trimming away the lurkers and asking
them to register at PTN Live! Fewer lurkers I would hope leading to a
smaller and tighter community. It may be a hassle to log in, but that
can be pretty much automated on the user end, and navigation is
different, but it does work. The opportunity to connect with our peers
in histo presto I seriously consider will be improved in the long run.

My anecdotal relationship is keeping an eye on the lurker & attrition
stats. I know who is here on BP, who is active, and who has left. Often
I get a message telling me why someone has left and most often it is
because they have busy lives and e-mail with more noise than signal is
not central to it.

When at PTN Live! check out the Memberlist then go look at some of the
websites.
It is an incredible self-maintaining resource alone.

][<en