BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:13:24 -0400
Ralph:

Do you mean how "good" his policies were or how "good" he appeared physically?

My thoughts kept going back to the intro to a song on the Woodstock album, dedicating it, I think to "the governor of California, Ronald Raygunsszzapp!"

The song has a chorus that goes:

"He's a drug store truck driving man,
he's the head of the KluKluxKlan,
and when summer comes rolling around,
we'll be lucky to get out of town."

I think one verse says:

"He's been like a father to me,
he's like the only DJ you can hear after three,
and I'm an all-night singer in a country band,
and if he don't like me he don't under stand."

That song buzzed through my head the whole week between his death and his funeral (and now it's back again...).

Bruce