From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:31:00 -0700
I ran an MC-60 for years and did have some problems with RF feedback until I
found the cause and the cure.  The problem with the MC-60 is that they don't
bring it totally to ground potential and it floats.  Thus, it is very
vulnerable to any stray RF.  I cured the problem by attaching a small wire
to one of the screws on the bottom of the mic base and running it through
the curly cord and under the radio to the ground lug on the back.  It was
clean as a whistle after that.

Take care and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX