Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:12:24 -0400
Gerry,

In the lower right group of eight keys on the upper left, press the Automatic
Tuner button once.  This will put it out of line.  If you press it again, it
will toggle back on line.  If you press and hold it, it will tune for lowest
SWR.

I also have noticed that not having mine in-line will increase my output
power, but only by a few watts.
I suspect you have a more marked difference because you didn't press and hold
it to cause the automatic tuner to operate.

Steve
K8SP