From:
"Donald L. Roberts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:39:40 -0700
I vacationed in Lake Geneva recently.  Lake Geneva, for the geographically challenged, is located in Southern Wisconsin.

At any rate, I was playing a bit with a medioker AM/FM portable and noted that WBBM 780 is apparently either broadcasting in iboc or
testing preliminary to doing so.  When you tune across it, you can hear a kind of roar at either side of the carrier.  Also, it
sounds a bit under modulated.  I really think that iboc on AM should be stopped immediately.

Interestingly, I heard this only during the daytime, not after sunset.

Don Roberts