From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:24:11 -0600
not if you have more then one input frequency you wouldn't be doubling.
And allot of the local repeaters here have both a VHF and UHF side which
transmit at the same time, so you could, with a dual band radio, be
transmitting and listening to yourself....and anyone else who wanted to jump
in there...most people that i have heard that use full duplex just have a
secondary radio sitting there that they are monitoring on and can hear when
someone starts talking while they are talking on another input frequency.
I think some repeater owners prevent this type of thing but the controllers
that control repeaters with multiple inputs will allow for more then one
stream of audio at a time going to the transmitter.
Full duplex is possible and is used by several that i know of.
If you wanna hear an example, just check out the 435 live audio
stream...they constantly utilize full duplex both from their telephone input
and their multiple inputs coming from various bands and frequencies.
73
Colin, V A6BKX