Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 11:32:45 -0700
Ilana,

I live in Austin, TX and we have a farm just outside of town that sells organic meats - check out www.whiteegretfarm.com. They deliver to our house for $3 and the prices on the meats are cheaper than what I pay in the store. You could see if there is something like this close to where you live. Also, sometimes ordering online is cheaper than store bought with the only draw back that the meat will be frozen. I get my venison and elk that way and pay less per pound than I do in the store even after adding the 2nd day air delivery.

Kristina

P.S. I found White Egret Farm listed in the book "The Maker's Diet". I could see if there are any in the UK assuming that's where you are.

Ilana King <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Has anyone (In the UK probably) read "The River Cottage Meat Book" by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall? I was given it by my husband for my birthday and I must say I was amazed - there is so much I didn't know about meat. It is not a Paleo book, but a book about everything we should know when choosing and cooking meat - from welfare/health issues, to the importance of hanging and ways of cooking.

Anyway, as a result, I have sworn to not buy anymore meat from supermarkets and try to source all meat as free range or organic and grass fed. Turning out to be very expensive though. I was wondering if anyone else does this and has any tips?

ILana