Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:58:04 +0200
From:
Erik Haugan <[log in to unmask]>
* Lynn Davis:
> I think this is what is difficult to get my head wrapped around. : )
> You spend your whole life counting calories a certain way, and now I
> need to understand the difference in the food I am eating verses
> caloric intake.

While I agree that one don't have to count calories, please don't listen
to those who say calories don't count.  It simply isn't true.

My advice would be to eat whatever you feel like within the limits of
the diet for a few weeks and let the body adapt.  If you have forgotten
what it is like to enjoy food, now is the time to learn.  During this
period, simply observe what happens to your body and weight, don't worry
about it.  Not until your new lifestyle starts to feel all right, should
you review your weight.  If it has dropped, just keep going.  If it has
not, or if it eventually stabilizes before you have reached your goal,
_then_ you may take other measures.  Exercise more, or start counting
calories.  But be patient.  Impatience is one of the dieters worst enemies.

One last advice is to plan in advance what to do when you break your
diet.  Nobody stays 100% paleo all the time.  When you _do_ stray off,
and you will, do not feel bad about it!  Admit it to yourself, maybe
write it down, and try to understand why it happened.  Get to know your
weaknesses.  Eventually you could write down a list of occations where
you allow yourself to break the diet.

Good luck!

Erik