Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:23:28 -0400
From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
I started low carb almost 8 years ago.  I have been mainly paleo for about
5.5 years.

Almost all my lupus symptoms have disappeared.  I have great stamina.

Before low carb my cholesterol was 199.  A year ago, my total cholesterol
was 165, HDL was 63 and LDL was 94.  My triglycerides were 29, glucose 92.

I have lost 75 pounds and kept it off, and I never could do that before.  I
eat whenever I am hungry, and I do my best to stop as soon as I feel a
little full.  Some days I eat a lot.  Some days I eat much less - I try to
listen to my body and its needs.

I eat around a pound of meat ( fish, chicken, beef, pork, turkey)  a day -
sometimes more, and I eat between half a pound up to four pounds of
vegetables and/or fruits daily.  I snack on nuts.  I also eat eggs in place
of meat sometimes.  I eat all the visible fat on my meat - along with the
marbled fat.

For two months I tried eating like a warrior - mainly once a day.  The first
month I lost 1/2 pound.  The second month I gained 3 pounds.  I think I was
just too hungry by mealtime and then I ate ravenously.  I prefer to eat when
I am hungry and eat fewer, smaller meals.  After I went back to this, in ten
days the 3 pounds melted off.

Hope this is somewhat helpful, Igor.

Paula H.

- Igor Chudov
Subject: [P-F] Anyone practiced paleo for years?

If so, how does it work for you? Are your blood lipids okay? Is maintaining
a normal weight easy? Do you eat ad lib?