Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:04:21 -0700
7bit
From:
thetasig <[log in to unmask]>
The other posters are correct.  Eating plain, fresh raw meat from good
quality sources is best (previously unfrozen is better).  Freezing at
home does nothing except lower the nutritional levels and does not
eradicate so-called "pathogens" - it just slows them down.  One should
get only raw meat that is healthy-raised, i.e., grass-fed (red meat),
organic, no hormones, etc.  There is bison available from Northstar.com
(they will ship unfrozen but with cold packs), Wholefoods carries New
Zealand beef and lamb (previously unfrozen), etc.  Find a local organic
chicken farm (chickens are omnivores so ask what they are fed) or try
Rosie's at Wholefoods and get fertile eggs too.  Ask around at farmer's
markets.

On the subject of germs - The bacteria (et al) that comes with
wholesome, unprocessed foods is ubiquitous and beneficial (truly) to us
humans.  One well-known example is the bacteria in yogurt and raw milk -
but it extends to all foods we eat that are unprocessed (yes, yogurt is
sort-of processed but minimally if it has not been pasteurized and
homogenized).  And it's not just bacteria - there are moulds or fungi
(notably on berries, mushrooms, cheese, etc.) and viruses (meats,
vegetables, etc.)

It's just a question of freshness and source (farm-raised fish is not a
good source IMHO, for example).  The best animal foods are fed or eat a
natural diet.  And organic farming is best for all foods.  A lot of red
meat animals are fed mainly [unnatural] grains for reasons of yield and
taste (marbling) - which makes those animals susceptible to disease
(requiring the use of antibiotics, etc.)  Use the sense of smell to know
if a food has gone "too far" - smell everything before eating to
strengthen the instincts.  Another interesting concept is that the
natural bacteria found in foods such as raw milk actively protect the
food from invading outside bacteria - turf wars - and keep it friendly
for us to eat.  I've found that to be very true for the milk and for the
bison I mentioned which lasts for weeks and weeks in the fridge with
little or no change for the worse.  All the milk I keep for very long
sours and turns into curds and whey - completely drinkable the whole
time if you don't mind the sour taste.  It has never turned "bad" unlike
what can happen to pasteurized milk.  Likewise with the meat it can get
a bit "rank" or "gamey" but still fine to eat.  In 8 years I've had some
really old meats that stunk to high heaven with no ill effects - only
good effects.  Eating aged meat needs to be begun slowly to give the
body time to adjust to new levels of beneficial bacteria.  Of course one
does not need to eat aged meat at all - it's just my preference
sometimes, especially in Winter.

In the beginning I used home-made condiments on meats such as mustard
(without salt).  Also I added tomato slices (or salsa), a splash of
vinegar or fresh herbs plucked from the garden, a tsp of olive oil,
tried lemon chicken marinade, the "tartar" recipe (yes, with capers
LOL), ceviche (good for fish), eat Sashimi at local restaurants, a tiny
bit of hot pepper, etc.  There is a good recipe book for raw foods
available through Amazon - "The Recipe for living without Disease" by
Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

I follow general rules for combining foods and, as such, do not
generally eat vegetables at the same time as meat; do eat melon alone;
do not drink milk with meat, etc.  Today I usually eat meats without any
preparation save chopping them into bite-sized pieces and (mostly)
swallowing whole without much chewing.  For me it was "goodbye indigestion."

-=mark=-