ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:10:07 -0600
Kathy,

As I said, and as you noted, certainly they could have at least referred to
organizations which do help in such cases. If not, then we are no better
than those opposite of the Samaritan are we not? As long as I'm not
tripping over the weak, I'll pass right on by in the name of they may not
be real. I don't pay my pastor to do anything. I pay to give out of my
desire to give to God and if He, being God, organizes it that the pastor is
paid accordingly, that is up to them. , I don't believe a pastor's work is
bought. Who are we all working for in any type of ministry?  If he,
pastor,  however, out of willingness to help the unfortunate, decides to
solicit or hire someone to do just that, investigate and find the
legitimate needs of those who come to the church, so be it. Otherwise are
we not being a exclusive club? When exactly do we decide to help people?
What method of proving themselves must they do at our demand before we do
help them? Since when does one person need to do everything? More so yes in
a small church in Maine, however this is mother church to many churches,
with resources and contacts. Yes we do need to be wise as fox and gentle as
a dove, but a fox keeps an eye out for prey and danger and not ignore it.
I'm sorry if at least a referral, prayer, a name and number taken,
something hasn't been done, this church is highly irresponsible, and not
the bride Christ is coming for. I hope I'm wrong, perhaps they did give him
info, and I indeed am all wet.

Perhaps god wished for this chief to be touched by God's people somehow,
but, I don't think God would negate his word in the process. Would he cause
his church to do opposite of what he instructed us to do? I don't
personally believe so. God is sovereign yes, but he also is truth, honesty,
integrity, never changing, always the same. The church is  joining the
ranks of our government, creating walls to keep out the immoral, criminals,
and dishonest, and all the while it is the people trying to live right who
is punished. I understand your point, and I too agree they likely get many
of these kinds of references, and in fact they likely can't help everyone,
but there are references as I said. Perhaps George will tell Phil of a list
of references George was given and checked out. And just as I was going to
write the pastor a "how come" note, I'll write an apology for jumping the gun.

Brad