ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:12:04 -0700
Last night, we had some friends over whom we haven't seen for a couple of
years.  They were members of a church we were in awhile back.  The wife is a
care giver for eight different people.  She had been caring for an elderly
man for several years and the man asked them to move into his large house
with him which they did.  He was not born again.  Linda, the wife, led the
old man to Christ just two days before he died.  Ed, the husband of Linda,
was telling us last night what happened to the old man the very night he
died.  In their bedroom, they have a monitoring intercom so they could
listen in case he called for help during the night.  The night he died, the
intercom was on.  About midnight, Ed and Linda awakened because the man was
talking.  Ed said they could hear the other side of the conversation, that
is, the other people talking back to him as they carried on a conversation.
They thought someone had, somehow, gotten into the house.  Ed got up and
went into the old man's bedroom but he was talking to himself.  Ed looked
around but could find no one else.  He returned to his bedroom and in the
intercom, they once again could hear both sides of the conversation.  The
old man was talking to people he knew, such as his mother, who, of course,
were long passed away.  This continued on through the night so Linda finally
got up and went into the man's room to check on him.  She, too, reported
that no one but the old man was in the room and he was fine.  They said,
after he got saved, he acted, physically, as if he were a new man with a
brand new body.  When Linda returned to their bedroom, the old man was still
talking to people and Ed and Linda still could hear the other people through
the intercom to whom the old man was talking.  At 5 in the morning, the man
went to Heaven.  It doesn't get much better than that, folks.  Jesus is real
and so is Heaven.  Wait until you hear what is going on with George and his
daughter, Jennifer.  If you have trouble believing the story I just told,
you definitely won't believe what I'm going to tell you about George and his
daughter.

Phil.