From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:03:28 -0500

Summary of GF Dairy Substitutes.  Thank you to all that answered my post.
Ginny

I use all the versions on Almond Breeze, since they are all GF DF.  They
make great milkshakes when blended with plain Rice Dream Ice Cream, too.
Not sure about the list, but my husband (GF and CF) uses Silk Vanilla Soy Milk.  (and you can buy it almost anywhere...Walmart even sells it.  You can get it farily inexpensive at Costco)
best and safest dairy sub is goat's milk..it is lactose free and natural

to take care of the lactose intolerance, you should be taking WITH EACH
MEAL, one probioitics complex and one l-glutamine.  in about 4 months you will probably not be LI
The kids with Asperberger's autism are treated w/ gluten-free casein (milk-protein)-free diets.  There is a list of products at www.gfcfdiet.com
Currently, I use Silk, Pacific or Trader Joes soy or almond milks.  I
also use WholeSoy and White Wave yogurts.  They are gluten free and
all the companies understand.  Some of the brands listed there are
ones that I have believed to contain gluten.
EdenBlend and Vance's Darifree are still GF.
I also use Eden Soy UNsweetened and it is GF and DF.
So only EdenBlend and Eden Soy Unsweetened are GF & DF for there company.
Pacific Run Almond Milk, both Original and Vanilla were gluten free as of 6 months ago (and state it on the package).  Both taste very good.
My teenage sons consume Silk Vanilla soymilk on cereal and like it well, no reactions.
P.S.  A friend of mine has trouble with soy so she drinks almond milk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I contacted Pacific with a similar request.  They maintain that the product
meets the criteria.
I use the Better Than Milk powder in my cereal in the morning and have
never had problems.  It is soy based.