From:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hillary Hayward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:28:32 -0400

I am writing because I had an appointment today with a GI doctor because I am having all kinds of problems and the GF diet alone is not helping. He believes that it is doubtful that I have celiac because the blood test came back negative; however, I have heard all kinds of very different information regarding the validity of the tests.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any personal history (or professional infromation) on how accurate the test is. For example, my mother is definately celiac, yet she has never tested positive with the blood test or the biopsy; however, she was tested more than 10 years ago and I am left wondering if the technology has improved since then.

Also, I had been GF for 2 months prior to the test, which I have read is enough to create a false negative, but the doctor thought otherwise.

Thank you for your response, sorry for my rambling...
david, MA.