BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:33:55 -0500
Cuyler Page wrote:

> *The chambers of the stone ceremonial structures appear to have been
> adjusted to produce certain resonant standing wave frequencies.   The
> horn produced low pitches close to the typical frequencies.    Very
> very low pitches produce hallucinations, perhaps the whole point of it
> all.   Tune in your building and turn on your occupants, impress the
> neighbours.*

cp,

I like it.
I've wondered for a long time about the ground thumping machines used
for geophysical exploration with the idea of using them to compose music
with.
I think it would be most interesting to use say in connection with an
earth sculpture or a composition of stone monoliths. Ultra-base.
People walking the site would feel the composition, the changes in
vibrations through their feet, but also through the aural experience as
the stones vibrate.
I don't see it as much different than say the vibrations put off by a
subway train other than that they would be consciously produced to a
pattern.
I remember a story about Tesla attaching a device to a cast iron column
in a building where he was experimenting and supposedly nearly vibrating
the building down.
I don't know what it would cost to get a ground thumping machine or
where I would park it, or where I would find the time to compose with it.
Possibly for several thousand I could pick up an old a pile driver. A
long horn seems more likely to be within my reach.
Otherwise I believe my musical endeavors will be conceptual pieces.

][<