From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:00:14 -0800
Well, I don't have a braille display, nor a notebook or any other kind of
portable device.  If we don't have the diagrams, then we need descriptions
of diagrams.  I have open book, but it is an older version and I can't
afford to upgrade.  If it isn't in plain text, it should be an inexpensive
piece of software.  I frankly hate p d f manuals.  Every time I try to use
one of these to figure out how to do something with a radio or scanner,
the things don't translate properly.  I'm not sure what the answer is, but
don't assume everyone out here has the latest and greatest wiz bang braille
o note device, nore can we afford it.  Seems like every time I turn around
I'm being told if I want access to this or need to read that, I'm supposed
to shell out another grand for the required software..  I personally don't
mind tep or mp3s too much, although they're not nearly as nice for random
information as a text file on the computer.  That is one reason this
machine still runs 98 and still runs readit--for reading and looking stuff
in multiple text files.

73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr