ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 19:44:06 -0700
Hi Kathy,
O My goodness! I can't believe this either cathy.
I am just back on now after several days of computer problems, and am just
reading thse messages now.  Now wonder I have had a burden for you for the
last several days.

I have never had children.  A part of me would love to prosecute to the
fullest extent of the law.  But as I write I here the words, "Chris wants
attention, and needs attention..
I am reminded of an incident from my past.  This may not relate at all, and
I'm not really fond of all the psychological aspects that have crept into
christian counselling.
Well, here it goes--feel free to delete.

In 1985, My step father passed away and my wife and I came all the way from
Northen B.C. Canada to be with my mom in New Jersey.
This was tough on mom because this was the second husband who had died of a
heart attack, and my mom ultimately didn't recover from this blow.

Anyway, Kathy,
After the funeral, my brother wanted to go out for a walk with me--something
he never did before.  He was drunk.
As we walked he told me that he had always been jealous of me, because I got
all the attention, because of blindness, polio, and all the other things I
went through.
He felt like when he was growing up that he never had his parent's full
attention, except when he had done something bad.
Since then, we have been closer, though we are totally opposite, and not
really close at all.
So I wonder that because Greg is on the front lines as a pastor, and you are
blind, if something in Chris feels neglected.
I don't know how you deal with that, if that is the case, except to ask the
Lord to show you.  That is the only thing that works anyway.
God bless.
            With Concern and love,
Vinny