ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:22:43 -0700
Hi Phil and everyone,
and then there is marriage.  Mariage was created by God for more reasons
than I can innumerate here, bbut here are two of the strongest that I can
think of.
First of all, it is a picture of Christ and the church to the world.  It is
that which holds society together, and is supposed to be a containment for
our sexual desires, so man and woman just don't turn into animals,
fornicating all over the place without responsibility.
And of course, marriage is supposed to be the secure house for the safe
raising of children and the perpetuation of the human race.  But now like
anything else, we have all become paranoid about saying anything about these
issues, lest we offend the "sodomites" as I heard one preacher say.  Sin is
now a choice of an alternate lifestyle.
So the U.S. which started out as a Christian nation, was tollerant of
others, but now the tables are turned.  Others are not tollerant of
Christians.  everyone can persecute Christians, because Christians can't
blow up buildings and kill people in order to demand their right.
But there is one thing we can do--that is, allow these persecutions to draw
us closer to our Lord and savior, Jesus.
    Vinny