ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 21:12:13 -0400
Hi Guys,
Well, I suppose that you thought that you’d never here anything on this
subject again, now that we are finally settling into our new home, but,
you know me, I’ll get as much mileage out of a subject as possible.
This afternoon, after the Packer game, upon which no one is allowed to
comment, Greg and I went over and finished up with the mobile home. It’s
done now except to get rid of it. We’ve had a few lookers, but most of
the offers have been a bit lower than we had hoped so it looks like we’ll
be having it hauled to a consignment lot after all. This is kind of
interesting because we, not only, have to pay for the move, but we have
to have all the taxes paid off or the town of Glenburn won’t let us move
it. Don’t worry, we were never planning on not paying the taxes, I just
found it interesting that the town would be so interested, especially
considering that we now live in something much better that they can
really soak us for. It’s just amazing. You think that you own something,
like a car or, or a mobile home and then, when you try to get rid of it,
you find out that, you don’t really own it as out right as you thought
you did. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I’ll leave it before I get
you guys all hopelessly confused. Actually, I’m rather relieved that we
are selling it this way rather than selling it outright. Greg and I don’t
know much about selling a mobile home and since we were planning on
selling it, as is, I was really concerned that we would be opening
ourselves up for trouble, but this company will pretty much be taking
over the care and refurbishing of the place. Of course, that will come
out of our final sale, but they will also be able to ask more for it
because they will be fixing it up, something that I really didn’t want to
bother with, so, all in all, I’m happy.
Something really interesting happened last Thursday afternoon. Two
inspectors came by to check out our heating and insulation. They put our
house through a bunch of tests, one of which had them close all the doors
and windows and then put a false door in place of our front door, with a
special fan in it that would try to de-pressurize the house. What they
were looking for were drafts and leaks. It was really kind of strange to
be in the house while this was going on because you could feel the change
in the air pressure.
Now, the main problem that we are having is with the cable company. I
don’t even know where to begin there. Let’s just say that they don’t act
like they really care if they get our business or not.
Chris, for now, seems to have mellowed out again and is at peace. The
Packer game didn’t help much this afternoon, but we’ll get through that,
somehow.
Greg works at the post office tomorrow and is traveling on Tuesday to a
district meeting, so I’m looking forward to just puttering around the
house, trying to find places to put things and just, finally having some
down time. There were times when it seemed like this day would never
come. Praise the Lord, it is here and now, I pray that this house will be
used for His glory.
If I had one request concerning our situation, it would be that the
mobile home would sell quickly so that we can really be done with it and
use that Money to finish the work on our new home, whatever finished
means. I know, a house is never finished, but I think that you know what
I mean.
Thank you again for praying me through all of this guys. It is so
wonderful to know that, no matter what, I can come running to you and cry
on your collective shoulders and you guys will pray me through and set me
straight when needs be as well.
God bless, family, and sweet dreams!
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.