BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:39:55 -0600
Defrag has become sort of obsolete on the Mac.  Left behind in OS9, I
suppose.  There are some new routines with "permissions" and
optomizing, which are thought to be helpful, and DiskWarrior seems to
find minor problems and repair them, but none of this seems to help
with replying to Ralph.  And I'm reasonably sure I don't need to do
that sort of thing just now, because I spent so much time tracking down
another problem last week.  One that went away once I unplugged my dsl
modem and replugged it....or would have gone away at that point if I
hadn't gotten heavy handed and decided to reset the bugger, and then
had to set the whole damn thing up again.

But, that's what winter is for, isn't it?

-jc