BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:42:27 -0800
Merrill's aunt has had an extended family Thanksgiving dinner for many
years and in years past there have been upwards of 50 people there.  Alas,
it has now dwindled down to only 11 this year.  But I had already bought
the turkey before I knew there were so many who were not talking to one
another and so would not come.  This is a turkey that I bought about 2
months ago live and we slaughtered him on Tues so he is really fresh and
nice.  Got him in the oven at 6AM and he was done to perfection by noon.

At 11 I heard on the scanner that the medics had been called to aunt's
sister-in-law's house so she and hubby were late to dinner but we were
surprised they made it at all.  "Aunt Eleanor" as we call her is 90 and
really has no business living alone but she refuses to go to a NH, maybe
now her hand will be forced.  This lady is also a distant relative of mine
through both of my paternal grandparents.

Hope all had a good Thanksgiving and have "girded the loins" for the
"shopping season" which opens tomorrow just as hunting season is winding
down.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT