From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:16:20 -0500
Hi.

Yes, but they also sold the solder on connectors with the appropriate
reducers to fit either RG-58 or RG8M and I never wasted my time with the
crimp on connectors.  Their solder on connectors, while not premium grade
were quite adequate for HF and low VHF applications.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:46 PM 12/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Not only is there coax absolute junk, they used to use crimp-on connectors.
>
>I remember when I installed my first yagi in 1976 and was excited to start
>working DX on 20 meters.  In the middle of the exchange, my SWR jumped.
>
>Guess what?  The damn cable pulled out of the strain relief at the PL-259
>connector on the yagi.  Had to climb the tower, take the cable down, solder it
>up and climb back up.
>
>Swore I'd never buy Radio Schlock coax again.
>
>Steve
>K8SP

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK