From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:09:32 -0500
Hi, all.

I have developed a somewhat interesting problem with my Kenwood TMV7
A mobile rig.  I actually have had the problem before, but it does seem to
get worse in the colder weather.

I have the rig mounted in our vehicle, and just use the control head on the
front of the radio as is.

The problem is that when we go over a semi-bumpy road, the rig automatically
shifts modes--i.e. it will switch from memory mode to VFO mode, etc.  This
gets real anoying if I'm in the middle of a qso.

Now, the roads I am on aren't really dirt roads out in the middle of
nowhere--just paved roads that are beginning to suffer from lots of use and
probably insufficient maintenance.

I think the control head is just somewhat loose, and needs to be secured
better.  I have taken it off, and tried re-attaching it several times, but
it doesn't really seem to help.

Any suggestions?

Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ