From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:03:45 -0500
PL, is a tone sent by an fm transmitter.  The idea is that you have to send
the right tone for the repeater to repeat your signal.  It helps eliminate
situations where you can key or hear two different repeaters at the same time.
I am not sure about the Gordon west tapes, I bet any ham gear dealer might
have them.
Amateur Electronic's Supply has an toll free number of   Tell me didn't
have it.
try 1-414-358-0333.  Other guys might have ideas as well.
//www.arrl.org/?news_list_off=60
Found a neat audio link there for "the visually impaired"