From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:31:32 -0500
Hi.

Well I put the TW-1 through it's paces, and aside from discovering that one
of my rigs isn't putting out much power, it was a generally positive
experience.

The face of the meter has a volume control and three push-buttons, which
are from left to right, Forward Power, Reverse power, and SWR.

To check power out just push the Forward Power while transmitting, and it
comes back with anannouncement about how much power is going out.  Pressing
the Reverse Power button will tell you how many watts of reflected power,
and pressing the SWR button will cause the TW-1 to tell you the SWR.

If you want to peak an amplifier, just hold in the Forward Power button for
3 seconds until you hear the meter beep then start transmitting and peaking
the meter for the highest pitch.

To adjust an antenna tuner, hold the SWR button in for 3 seconds until you
hear the meter beep. then start transmitting and adjust the tuner for the
lowest pitch.  I found that I could adjust my old Ten Tec 228 tuner for
lowest SWR nearly as quickly as when I could see, and with very little
practice.  I could, in fact, get the SWR right down to 1 to 1.  I haven't
been able to use that tuner since I lost my vision.

I personally didn't find the tone for adjusting the amplifier worked that
great, but the tone swr indication sure does work for adjusting the
tuner.  I'm pretty impressed.  It was definitely worth the $149.95 to
purchase it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK