Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:06:30 -0600
Unfortunately the fact of how blindness has come about has nothing to do with
whether or not someone knows material.  If a race car driver becomes blind he
will not be permitted to drive because he cannot perform the function of driving
with our present technology.  If one cannot do the math for the Extra or any
other license, he should not have that license.  The original discussion was
concerning access to materials.  Having someone interpret math to you makes as
much sense as someone interpreting audiograms to me because I cannot see the
graphs.  You need the symbols read byt beyond that the variety of blindness
simply makes no difference: you either know the material or you do not.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html