From:
"Alex C." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:32:36 -0500
Hello all.
I hope that this question is not too basic for you, but:
If I am traveling with a mobile rig, how can I know if there are any
repeaters in the current area and what their frequencies are?
Do all 2m and 70cm repeaters generally operate within a certain range of
frequencies?  What I mean is, would it be possible to program a radio
with all possible repeater frequencies and just have it scan for
activity while traveling, or do I need to know exact frequencies for
specific repeaters in the current area?
Again, I hope that this makes sense and is not too basic.
Pardon my ignorance, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in
understanding the whole concept.
I just got a Yaesu FT4700RH mobile rig on lone from HandiHams and am
trying to figure out how to get the most use out of the unit.
I'm still looking for a text manual on the web, but haven't found one as
of yet.
Any additional suggestions for operating this particular radio would
also be appreciated.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Alex Coleman (KI4HPT)