From:
Darrell Shandrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:21:15 -0700
Hi Butch,

The entire idea is to increase accessibility while protecting copyrights.
Technology improves over time.  If you want the most accessibility, you'll
need to upgrade the technology.  That is just one of the many sad facts of
life that is even more the case when you're a blind person.

BRF and DAISY file formats are items that the average sighted person won't
easily be able to use.  Providing accessibility via these formats would thus
serve to protect the rights of publishers.

I just want more accessibility.  I am willing to make reasonable compromises
to get it which will provide a decent level of access while protecting
publishers.  I know I can't have it all.