From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:16:24 -0800
I think a lot depends on how corrections are made.  I cringe whenever I hear
someone eat another ham's lunch for saying something that sounds like it's
right out of CB or an old war movie as in some of the things we've been
chatting about today.  I think corrections can be made diplomatically even
going as far as taking the new ham off frequency if possible or a simple
phone call to say "we enjoy having you on the repeater but let me put a bug
in your ear about how things are usually done in ham radio."  We can teach
without humiliating and that should be our goal as a community who says it
welcomes new members.

Take care everyone and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX