EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:24:14 -0400
Hello everyone,

I will be teaching an advanced course on keyboard access to Windows at Closing
the Gap, Thursday 21 October, 2:00 - 4:30 p.m., in Minneapolis.

SYNOPSIS:

The ability to use Windows without a mouse is an essential skill for assistive
technologists:

1. Computer training/coaching: Keyboard-only techniques are indispensable for
individuals who are blind; who have low-vision; who operate computers with one
finger, toe, or stump; who use head-pointers, mouth-sticks or similar
appliances; who have mouse-induced repetitive strain injuries; and who have
certain learning and cognitive disabilities.

2. Scripting macros and customizing software: Advanced knowledge of the
keyboard interface is crucial when scripting macros and customizing software.

This course beyond the basics. I assume that you already know the basics of
driving Windows from the keyboard. In this hands-on session, you will learn
intuitive -- and counterintuitive -- techniques to enable keyboard-only users
to work more quickly, accurately and with less energy expenditure.

A complete course description is posted here:

www.cantoraccess.com/upcoming.htm

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com