From:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jenny Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:37:55 -0500

        Good News Chicagoans;

        Ben Pao on Illinois and Dearborn has a gluten friendly menu and
staff.  We went in a small gaggle of celiacs who are starting a supper
club type group.  They had faxed me a menu earlier that was just their
GF dishes and it was greatly helpful.

        Anyway, the food was surprisingly (we recommend the sesame
chicken) great.  In addition to the GF menu, they are able to make other
dishes GF, but do not put them on the menu because they cannot
"guarantee" it will taste the same as the gluten-laden entree.  We were
very pleased with everything.  Megan, our server, was so helpful and the
manager, Laura, came over and made sure our experience was a positive
one.  She even gave us her card and took our number in case anyone
wanted to contact fellow celiacs in Chicago.

        In short, Ben Pao was great selection, great food, great service
and I never once felt like an inconvenience or a circus freak.  I highly
recommend anyone in the Chicagoland area check it out and say the
"Celiacs in the City" group sent you there. They were wonderful.

        Jen from the Windy City
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Jennifer L. Price
        Senior Editor/Office Manager

        Barrington Research Associates, Inc.
        161 N. Clark Street, Suite 2950
        Chicago, IL  60601

        Direct:      (312) 634-6341
        Trading:    (800) 233-6205
        Email:        [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
        Website:  www.barringtonresearch.com
<http://www.barringtonresearch.com>