ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:25:43 -0400
Lelia, I doubt that anyone here will mind this lovely forward.  I know I
don't, and it is a wonderful invitation to participate in prayer for our
nation.  Thanks for sending it.

Love,
Helen

Earlier, Lelia Struve wrote:
I hope you don't mind this forward if so I'm honestly sorry

  Subject: Daily Minute of Prayer for our Nation's  Leaders

Someone has said that if Christians really  understood the full extent of
  the power we have available through prayer we  might be speechless.

  In W.W.II there was an advisor to Churchill who  organized a group of
  people who dropped what they were doing every day at a  prescribed hour
  for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of  England, its people
  and peace.

  There is now a group of people  organizing the same thing here in America.

  There is a national call, starting this Friday night for 40 days of
  Prayer.   In forty days starting Friday we will have an  election for
  the President of the United States  of America.   No matter which
  party you  support, please pray each day that the Lord will bless our
  Nation and place in power, the man that needs to be our leader  in
  these troubled years ahead.   The  Bible uses the 40 days numerous
  times, maybe this will be good for this  nation.

  If you would like to participate,  every evening at 9:00pm Eastern
  Time,
  8:00 pm Central, 6:00 pm  Pacific, stop whatever you are doing and
  spend
  one minute praying for  the safety of the United States, our troops,
  our
  citizens, for the elections and for peace in the  world.

  If you know anyone else who would like  to participate, please pass
  this
  along. Our  prayers are the most powerful asset we have.

  Together, we "CAN" make a  difference!
  Thank You, and God Bless  America