From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:03:20 -0400
Hmmm, I have wireless, inferread, wired networking, modem, firewire 2
firewire ports even, and honestly I had no com ports noticeably used, maybe
my modem was on one but I forget which one that was but beyond that it was
wide open. That's strange. Of course, depending on what you're trying to do
you can use 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 now much easier then you used to be able to
though I don't do it but it is easier to do now with out worrying as much as
you used to have to in the past. There are tricks around it too, I've done
it but that's was too advanced to explain. That is the goal though, to
outdate serial ports and all and just have USB for everything which is not a
bad idea except that outdates what uses a serial port now.