From:
Keith Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:50:53 -0000
Hi,

The strong signal handelling on the ts-950sd is wonderful.  I think it can
only be beaten by the 950sdx.

There are two noise blankers and they seem to work as well as any
other although results will depend on the type of noise you are suffering
and turning the blankers too far up results in receiver distortion.

The output audio quality on transmit and receive is wonderful.  The
transmitter is good as the pa transistors are 50 volt devices which are
much more linear than a low voltage high current unit.

Best received audio is achieved by plugging in an external speaker.

The 950 series also seem more reliable than the older ts-940.

So, go and get yourself one and enjoy.

On 26 Dec 2004 at 1:23, K5IN wrote:

> I am interested in the following about this radio:   Noise blanker, near by
> frequency rejection, output audio quality, ability to use a qsy'er from
> Stone Mountain engineering with it?  rf in the out going audio?  I would
> appreciate any input on these issues.  I have read the Eham reviews
and am
> interested in one of these rigs.
>
> Brian, k5in

Keith