ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:31:55 -0600
We need to be really praying for Carol right now.  I talked to her this
morning and she is not well at all.  Some of the problem may be due to the
medications she is on.  One of the medications is used with people who have
seizures but that same drug is also used for people who have chronic back
pain.  It deadens the nerve endings to assist them in coping with the
chronic pain.  Carol is taking it for her back pain.  Well, this drug is
taken in rather large doses each day and you have to build up to the high
level over a period of months.  This is also true when coming off of it.
About half way through this treatment, Carol was sounding and feeling the
best since I've known her.  I was hoping they would stop there but they
cranked her all the way up to the highest levels.  She began getting colds
and illnesses that would hang on for weeks at a time.  She no sooner would
get rid of one but another one would begin.  She isn't resting well, has
very little strength to do anything, and no energy.  At times, she even has
problems forming words.  She has seen her doctors and requested she come off
all medications because she no longer wants to be on anything.  She is
starting with the drug for her back that requires such a high dosage each
day.  The doctor told her to go ahead and back the medicine down little by
little just like she did when starting it and to keep him informed.  I am
very concerned about Carol and have been for many months.  The situation she
is in right now is serious.  If she lived in the states, she would likely be
admitted to the hospital for observation and to monitor what the drugs were
doing.  I do get emails from her but not on a regular bases because she
simply cannot concentrate long enough to type a long message and when she
forces herself, she is very tired afterward.  She probably would not like me
telling you this much but if you knew as much as I do about Carol's life and
how the Lord has brought some tremendous emotional healing to her life in
the past year and a half, you would understand how serious this prayer
request is.  Carol could easily die from this situation and she told me in
her last email that she has prayed and asked the Lord to take her home.  Not
because she is suicidal but because she is so weary of being ill and weak
and unable to function even half a life.  I am asking each of you to please
pray for life and not death.  Her husband, Mike, is also having some
difficulties at work that isn't helping either one of them.  I personally
believe, and have told Carol this more than once, that her physical healing
is the will of God for her life.  This is not a guess on my part; it is what
I truly believe.  It is not, I repeat, it is not God's will for her to die
at this time.  Yet, suffering physically is no picnic for anyone.  I believe
she will improve as the medications are removed slowly so pray for strength
of will and strength of mind for Carol and Mike both right now.

Phil.