ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:31:47 -0500
Vicki and Rhonda,

The inductive study model she uses teaches to pray about what you are going
to embark on every study, toss out all teachings and commentaries you've
heard regarding the scripture you are studying, get into the context of it,
perhaps culture and etc. and letting the Holy Spirit guide you in
understanding.  It forces one to look very deeply at scripture, the who;
what; where; when; why: and hows of it, the key words in it, the meanings,
the context, the application and etc. If I get it in PDF or the like, I'll
let you know.  It looks excellent. Teaches you to study scripture
understanding for yourself and not just repeat what you hear others say
about it. I like  that. Of course there is good value in hearing other
understandings, but it is best to understand it from the Holy Spirit's
voice as you read first, it is easier to recognize bunk or misguided
theology when it comes across your path that way.

Brad