From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:19:11 -0400
Stay away from any yaesu product, they are for the most part not accessible
and the company has no interest in making their radios accessible and openly
will tell you as much if you call and ask. If you want portable HF, your
best option is the icom IC-703, or an elecraft radio, the icom being cheaper
but accessible, or as I'm thinking about doing, I'm thinking about getting
the case to carry the 703 and some accessories, and getting the Icom
706mkIIg and just putting that on low power for portable stuff though I
don't know when/if I'll actually do it.