Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:39:56 EDT

Thanks again to all of you who recommended shampoos that are free from wheat
and wheat products.  Following is a summary of the shampoos that you
recommended; many of these, you said, worked for you.  Thus, it is imperative that if
one uses any of these shampoos, check the label!!

The following are used/recommended:
Pantene
Garnier Fructus
Suave
Tex
Tressa
Mastey
Toms of Maine
Almay
Arbonne
Neutrogena
Olive Oil shampoo by Heritage Products
Aubrey products
Lavera by Phytothera (European)
Biolage

We wrote to 3 companies to inquire about shampoos that my husband likes to
find out their wheat free status:  2 answered us.
KMS Daily Fixx Moisturizer shampoo does not contain wheat.

Nexxus' Y serum younger looking shampoo and treatment do not contain wheat.
The conditioner in this line DOES contain wheat.
Nexxus also said their Pep'r Mint Herbal Energizing shampoo does not contain
wheat.

Hope this helps many of you in your quest to find a shampoo that can be used
by celiacs.  We certainly will be more observant of ingredients of products
used externally, in addition to the usual dietary precautions.

Betty Rosen