From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:34:12 -0700

They typically use herbs, and for digestive problems often use whole grain
barley mixed into the herbal concoction. This is a standard Chinese
treatment for digestive problems, which, of course, would cause problems
for celiacs. As far as I know 95% or more of their herbs do not contain any
gluten, and I have successfully used Chinese medicine for various
non-serious maladies.

Take care,
Scott

 >Does anyone know how celiac disease is treated by traditional Chinese
 >medicine?

Scott Adams
Celiac.com
The Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Support Page
http://www.celiac.com/

The Gluten-Free Mall™
Your Special Diet Superstore!™
http://www.glutenfreemall.com/

Disclaimer: We at Celiac.com are not trained medical professionals, so any
advice offered by Celiac.com with regard to celiac disease is not intended
to take the place of that offered by trained medical professionals. The
goal of our site and our responses to your questions is to provide accurate
information about the disease to both diagnosed and undiagnosed
individuals, and to facilitate the diagnosis of the latter by trained
medical professionals. We advise that you consult with your physician if
you are experiencing ANY symptoms of unknown origin.