From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:35:38 -0600
In your case, I would not change it until it fails.  "Don't mess with what
ain't broke!!"    It may last  as long as you have the computer, or you may
meet a cmos-savvy person.  In the absolutely worst case, you could have a
tech do it for  you at a computer store.  It might take  her a half-hour to
get it set up again.  It only takes a couple of minutes to change most
batteries.  It all depends on what kind of computer you have and how close
the default settings match what you need.

If you ever need a good reference on the cmos settings, you can try

 www.rojakpot.com.

If your computer has run fast from day one, I doubt if it has anything to do
with the battery.

Dean Kukral