Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:22:05 -0600
I have a problem using Windows ME . I am unable to get a boot menu
either with F8 or all the time. I have used several programs to change
the way windows boots but it works only some time. Msconfig shows that
menu is enabled. MSDOS.sys has the following entry:  [Options]
BootGUI=0 AutoScan=1. All else is as it should  be.
Could BOOT GUI be a problem? I use Fresh UI to make changes in the way
Windows boots.  I have set it to show menu on boot. but it works only
some times ( screen has horizontal static type lines). When the static
lines start I can hit return to start booting or hit the down arrow
twice then hit return to go into safe mode. When setting to boot
normally, there is never a problem. When setting to enable F8 it just
does not work. Any ideas?

Colman Ezkovich

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com