ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:33:33 -0500
Well Vinny,
         It's kind of a way of posting your thoughts and or opinions
publicly.  Some people do daily diaries.  Soldiers from Iraq  post about
their adventures, keeping a daily commentary of how their lives are going
and the public can read it.  I heard about one guy who posted his daily
struggles concerning his daughter's illness.  Some people talk more about
politics, those are really popular.  It was bloggers who unvailed the false
reporting of Dan Rather last fall when he wanted to try to produce false
charges that George bush had gone A.W.O.L. while serving in the National
guard.
         It can also be a way of bringing in an income.  You can allow
advertizers to attach to your blog and you get paid for how many hits they
get.  We've started playing with it for now.  I do a lot of writing, but
I'm not sure that I"m really good enough to be published so, for me at
least, it would be a way to get my, or actually Greg's and my, thoughts out
there without going through all the hurtles of publishing.  Who knows, no
one may read it, but then, no one may want to read a book that I would
right either.  this way, I don't lose  much and, who knows, perhaps gain
some humility along the way.  What I"m not quite sure about is how it
differs from what Phil does with his web site.  I think that some people
may see his articles as a form of blogging.  That's why I'm asking about it.
Kathy