ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charles Borg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Borg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:31:11 +0100
:Phil and all,

Hope this day will be a day of the Lord as well.  We seldom talk about the situation in the US voting etc. here but it has
been quite different this year.  I just wondered about something that Phil said.  How can the same person register 35
times?  In Malta we have id cards and this just cannot happen.  I just cannot understand so please explain it to me.

  We have a voting system which is very unfriendly to the blind and other persons with such a disability that inhibits hand
movement.  Ofcourse this includes those who cannot read or write.  All votes are written by voters in a cubical and those
others have to ask the assistant commissioners to write the vote for them.  I ofcourse, being totally blind, must do this
and we are trying to find a way that it could be done without help.

May the Lord bless America with a good man as president,
Charlie