ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 08:16:37 -0400
Phil,
        I know what you are saying about how tough it is to publish a
book with a Christian publishing agency.  I know a lady, who lives in
Colorado Springs who did manage to publish a reading curriculum with a
Christian publisher, but she got so frustrated with the process that she
is doing her next series with a secular publisher.  She said that the
Christian publisher was way too heavy on the editing and that the product
that eventually came out looked nothing like what she had done.  She has
found that secular agencies are much better at working with authors, much
more open to your ideas.  Anyway, she is very glad to have made the
switch.  You may want to shop around and give it a try.  After all, Frank
Pereti (I know, I slaughtered the spelling on his name,)  has already
done a lot of his works with secular publishers.  "The Oath," was his
first work released by a secular publisher, but he has done more than
that, so the ground has already been broken for the type of books that
you are working on.
Anyway, just my two cents worth.
Kathy

Now includes pop-up blocker!