ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:28:38 -0400
Brad, that is beautiful!!

Helen

Earlier, Brad Dunse wrote:
Whenever I read things like this, it seems I have need to bring it into a
human perspective in order to allow it to sink  in and understand it
better. Of course the things of God mostly cannot be superimposed over our
human life for a perfect match as we are not perfect, we are not God.
However, because we are created by God, in his image, there is usually some
form of imagery , or silhouette in our human lives which we can find a
metaphoric or analogous generalization. Reading this bit on love, and how
it mentions his love was before, during, and after our lives here on Earth.
I wondered how is it possible to love  us before we were born? Before we
have life. Then I  took a little trip backwards in time, playing the events
of our family in reverse, knowing the love I have for my kids now.

I remembered how yesterday the thought of my kids and where they are in
life as they make their way through it, not always understanding the
authorities in their life,  how I love them for who they are, even
though  I do not always find pleasure in their attitude or actions, but I
love them nonetheless.

I remember some years back when they were challenging the authority in
their life, my wife and I, with a test drive of their mouth, attitude, and
independent thinking, but I still loved them.

I remember back when they were just little two year olds  climbing into
everything, getting into everything, not understanding the authority in
their lives, my wife and I, but I still loved them.

I remember back the day  after they were born, the day after we brought
them home, and we looked at this little bundle of responsibility in life,
another life to nourish and raise, and all that it meant, but I still loved
them.

I remember when they were yet but a kicking bulge in the womb of my wife
and there was no physical reason, no physical individual to look upon and
give reason for love, but I still loved them.

I remember walking out of the clinic not 30 feet out of the clinic door
after being notified of pregnancy, despite our relationship being not of a
godly one you would say, and while there was nothing but a promise of a
life which was created, I still loved them.

There is yet one more example for which I'll spare you the intimacy, but
looking back I realize even then, I did indeed love them.

Thinking about it, I now understand as much as I can, how God loved us
before we were dated in this world.

Brad