ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:14:52 -0400
Love Being the Heart of God
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bible Verses ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rom 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? (39)
Nor height nor depth nor any other creature will be able to
separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus
our Lord....
1 John 4:16 And we know and have believed the love which God
has in us. God is love....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is God's love? Love is the heart of God. God's love
issues out of His heart. Righteousness is the way of God,
holiness is the nature of God, glory is the expression of
God, and love is the heart of God. After speaking of God's
righteousness, holiness, and glory, Paul brings us into God's
heart of love. Why has God demonstrated His righteousness?
Because man was fallen. Man was wrong with God and needed His
righteousness. Why must God exercise His holiness? Because
man is common. God must sanctify all of His common, chosen
ones. Why must God give us His glory? Because all His chosen
ones are low, mean, and vile. Hence, He must exercise His
glory to transfigure us. But what was in God's heart
originally? Love. Before God exercised His righteousness,
holiness, and glory He loved us. Love was the fountain, love
was the root, and love was the source of it all.

God loved us before He predestinated us, He loved us before
He called us, He loved us before He justified us, and He
loved us before He glorified us. Before everything and
anything else He loved us. Our salvation originated with the
love of God. Love is the source of all that God does for us,
and this love is His heart. Therefore, after God's salvation
has been fully accomplished, His love remains our security.
The love of God is not only the source of our salvation, it
is the security of our salvation.
Bible verses are taken from the Recovery Version of the Bible
and Words of Ministry from Witness Lee. Life-study of Romans,
pp. 254. Both are published by Living Stream
Ministry, Anaheim, CA. (Repeat 10/6/98)