ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:22:21 -0400
Well, Karen asked if Matt got the job at Arnies and, unfortunately, I
have to say, I don't know exactly.  Matt kept calling and leaving
messages for the manager that he had talked to, but he didn't bother to
make face to face contact.  The manager didn't return his calls, as far
as Matt knows, but Matt wasn't very aggressive either.  The truth is, the
manager may have tried to contact Matt, but Matt doesn't have an
answering machine, so he can't say outright that the manager didn't
return his calls.  Matt finally went down to Arnies two weeks ago and he
was told to come back in two weeks, which would be today.  Matt, as far
as I know, is planning on going back, for a face to face this afternoon.
He would still like to work there if possible.  As far as other leads go,
he has had none, but I'm not sure how hard he is working on it.  He has
begun studying Japanese and he is very taken with it, culture and
language.  He is considering changing his major to Japanese.  I just hope
that money matters don't cut him off at the pass and they might if he
doesn't buckle down and find a job.  I'm just praying that things get
settled this afternoon for him one way or another.  He does spend a lot
of time instant messaging his old highschool friends and he is finding a
lot of time to do the fun activities that the school offers.  He's also
ahead in his homework, so college life agrees with him pretty well.  It's
the work part that he is finding allusive.
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.