ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:40:21 -0600
Brad,

Those prayers, when you think to pray for the ministry and these people, is
greatly appreciated.  Of course, I don't tell all the stories on echurch
about folks being prayed with because it would take a lot of writing but
there is not a day goes by that I am not totally amazed at the power of God
to change people's lives.  When you have people call you who are frightened
out of their minds, sort of speak, about the things happening to them and
how their entire Christian life has been disrupted by the Enemy, then to get
to watch the Lord walk into their life and begin His healing work, it gives
me goose bumps or as they say in England, goose flesh.  Never in a million
years did I dream I would be allowed to witness God's mighty working power
in this way.  Yet, ever time I go to pray with someone, I say, I have no
idea what I am doing.  It is so easy to get lost in prayer sessions, too.  I
am always praying to myself as I pray and I am again amazed over and over
what the Lord gives me as far as direction.  Then, too, it is almost funny
when I learn that most of the time I am wrong and they end up going some
place else and getting healed.  That's what makes it interesting spiritually
speaking.  Since the Lord specifically called me to a focused area of
ministry concerning multiple personalities, I am never surprised when
someone's personality emails me or calls me on the phone to talk.  I cannot
describe how honored I feel being a friend to people in this way.  It is
quite an unusual experience and without the Lord leading the way, no wonder
people never get freed from the bondage they have suffered for literally
decades.  Brad, since I am on the topic, when you think to pray for me, pray
that God would send pastors to me.  Several weeks ago, the Lord told me to
begin praying that pastors would come to me to pray.  I know there are
bunches of hurting pastors out there but you know how proud they are and
they need healing just like all the rest of us.  Anyhow, I really felt a
strong leading of the Holy Spirit to pray that pastors would hear about me.
I do no advertising except for my website and more than anything, that is
for people to refer to for general information.  Believe me, though, when I
say, pastors are hurting and they need to experience maintenance free
victory.

Phil.