BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:29:21 -0400
well, hope this finds everybody on dry land  (!!)

we are only faring so-so, here in the wilds of southeastern kentucky..

left home yesterday morning in a pounding rain, and winds of 20 mph,
with gusts to 40 mph...
drove out of the rain as I travelled west, took care of some water
sampling, and returned last night to a clear sky with brilliant stars,
and the river out of it's banks but seemingly falling...

I was able to make it to my house on the river - the road was barely
covered but our garden and camping site on the river side were under
water...
this morning the world is flooded shut -water is up on the road and it's
cold enough I can see my breath outside..

all the little roads are underwater, since in order to make it through
these deepcut stone ridges and valleys on the cumberland plateau, they
have to follow a creek or river..

I don't have a TV, so I don't know how the rest of the world is faring -
guess I'll go look at cnn.com - HOPE MICHAEL, DAN, MITCH and all folks
south and east are OK.

and I am sincerely hoping the IPTW venue is still intact?

deb in 14.4 land