ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:25:11 -0600
Paulette,

I don't know the details of your individual situation, nor do I need to in
order to make the statement I'm about to make. God never said he would
protect us from all the things of this world, but he did promise he'd be
with us always. We sometimes equate  the fact God is with us with God
protecting us. Why? Because that is what we think we'd do if we were God.
Fortunately for us god sees things much more clearly and truthfully than we
do. We can ask "Where is God? Why is this happening?" but the "why" is not
what we really want to know, we just want what we are going through
stopped. We want to go back to what we perceive as normal to what we are
use to in life.Listening to the lie that it is too much to endure   is just
what the enemy wants us to believe in situations we find difficult. The
lies are things like... "Why can't you remember the littlest things? You
are dependent upon your care taker Bobbi for happiness in life, you better
not upset her. Aren't you tired of Bobbi telling you what you can do and
not do? You should get yourself out of this situation. You don't deserve
this do you?" And on and on goes the promptings and lies. God's word says
the truth will set you free, and part of that truth is trusting in God,
even when we don't feel like it emotionally, even when it seems to make no
sense to trust him, doing so will always, and I mean always, work out for
the best. This is best seen hindsight of course, which is why it makes it
so difficult to see in the midst of our dilemmas. God gives grace, peace,
wisdom, joy and hope in our trials. Do yourself a favor, stop listening to
the lie, the standards being spoken in your ear of how you ought live, but
rather seek from god's word and accept that standard. The lies are planted
there to hinder your seeing the hope and truth about your life and
yourself. I pray God gives you the perseverance to see this through, for by
doing that, you have learned how to manage things of your  life as oppose
to God doing for you. The woman with only a little oil learned this when
she was instructed to gather up vessels and begin filling. It could have
looked hopeless being broke, a husband dead and left her debt and her sons
facing prison to pay that debt. Her whole world crashing in around her, but
God instructed her to gather vessels and she did as instructed. Seek god in
what vessels you need to gather in your situation, and hang on to the neck
of God while life gives you a little whirl, God is always a winner and it's
best to hang with the winner.

Brad